Live recording of Union Street Preservation Society with Andy Statman at Rockwood Music Hall, New York, NY. June 10, 2012.
1. Duck River - Traditional
2. Better Luck Next Time - Bouchard/Leiberman
3. Crazy Blues - Perry Bradford, 1920
4. Monday - Bouchard
5. Let's Get Cookin' - Hollingsworth
6. Drifter's Joy - Bouchard/Borsody (feat. Andy Statman)
7. The Boy Who Turned Into a Fish - Borsody/Bouchard (feat. Andy Statman)
8. Going Down the Road Feeling Bad - Traditional (feat. Andy Statman)
David Leiberman, guitar/vocals
Sara Bouchard, mandolin/vocals
Alex Borsody, lead guitar/slide
Harrison Hollingsworth, fiddle/vocals
Alex Mallett, upright bass
Yaeir Heber, washboard/spoons
Featuring special guest Andy Statman on mandolin.
released 09 September 2012
Recorded live at Rockwood Music Hall, New York, NY.
Mixing & mastering by Matt Dickey.
Art direction & design by Sara Bouchard.
Cover photograph by Liz Clayman.
The song "Monday" is an arrangement of "Monday, September 26, 2011" from the song cycle "The News: Monday-Friday" by Sara Bouchard with lyrics compiled from newspaper clippings.
Union Street Preservation SocietyBrooklyn, New York
USPS is the complete roots string band experience - runaway train instrumentals and spirited down-home harmonies packed into
an inspired blend of original music that you could swear you've heard before. Influenced by folk revivalists, bluegrass pickers, country swingers, blues crooners and pre-war jazz, USPS gives you a taste of early phonographs served in tight arrangements of contemporary songs....more